Autumn Term | School Leadership Briefing on 2 November 2021 at the Best Western Tiverton Hotel
(note new date – was previously advertised as 03/11/21)
Online booking is now available for the autumn term event, with guest speakers to include:
- RSC SW Office
- DCC Head of Education & Learning
- a focus on RSE curriculum provision and response to the Ofsted Report on Sexual Abuse in schools & colleges
Summer Term | School Leadership Briefing on 8 July 2021 (MS Teams)
This morning event included the following guest speakers:
- Hannah Woodhouse | Regional Schools Commissioner for South-West England
- Dawn Stabb | Head of Education and Learning, Devon County Council
- Andrew Brent – Senior Policy Officer, School Admissions Team, Devon County Counci
- Vivien Lines – Interim Head of Service, Children’s Social Care, Devon County Council
- Lee Elliot-Major OBE – Professor of Social Mobility, University of Exeter
Spring Term | School Leadership Briefing on 11 March 2021 (MS Teams)
We were delighted to welcome Professor Tanya Byron back to Devon as a speaker for our Spring School Leadership Briefing. Tanya previously visited us as a keynote speaker at the Annual School Leadership Conference in October 2019 and we had an overwhelmingly positive response to her session.
Tanya’s presentation, ‘Education through a pandemic : the road to re-balance’ explored the impact of the pandemic in the context of education: for learners, their parents, teaching staff, leaders.
Autumn term | School Leadership Briefing on 12 November 2020 (MS Teams)
Thank you to everyone who joined this virtual event and to all the guest speakers for their time and contribution on the day. Hosted by Rachel Shaw, Chair of the Devon SLS Schools Executive Committee, delegates heard local and regional key messages and updates from:
- Sam Macdonald – Devon LA and Torbay Team Leader, SW Regional Schools Commissioner’s Office
- Dawn Stabb – Head of Education and Learning, Devon County Council
- Jon Galling – Senior Education Safeguarding Officer, Babcock LDP
- Patsy Temple – Acting Public Health Consultant, Devon County Council
- Rachel Humphries – Public Health Specialist, Devon County Council
- Martin Smith – Director, Dartmoor Teaching School Alliance and Teaching Schools South West
There was also a session outlining available support for Devon school leaders; David Barnett, Devon SLS aHead Lead Professional Partner gave an overview of the aHead service and Mark Saunders, Business Development Manager from Education Support then talked about the new Employee Assistance Programme which is available to Devon school leaders. For more details and how to contact the aHead service and EAP see the ‘Request Support‘ tab.
There were also the usual updates from Devon SLS SEC members who talked about the recent round of DCC School Funding Consultation 2021-22 events and the SEND 100 Project.