DSLS aHeadStart Virtual CPD Session
Thursday 4 May 2023 1.30 – 3PM
Effective Complaints Handling for Schools and Colleges
In response to the issues that school leaders are raising with their aHead Professional Partners, we are delighted to have secured Iain Grafton (MBE) to lead another CPD session on effective complaints handling.
Iain retired as Detective Superintendent in the Police Force after completing thirty years’ service, including time with the Police Complaints Authority. He is now the director of a company providing leadership and governance training and support services to schools, colleges and local academies. Iain brings an extensive experience, developed over twenty years as a governor in educational institutions, at both primary and secondary levels and is a Trustee with large south west Multi Academy Trust
Iain has led CPD sessions for Devon school leaders for a number of years, which have been incredibly well received. He has vast experience of handling complaints and has worked with the Local Authority and many Devon schools to manage challenging situations. His knowledge and expertise has proved invaluable when complaints arise.
The session will include guidance on:
• What is the complaint against your school really about?
• Which of the 6 complainant types are you facing?
• What are your options for addressing the complainant?
• Why it is important not to mix and match the 6 complainant types with the 6 approaches for managing their complaints
• The importance of being aware that someone who complains may be unwell and in need of your help
We look forward to seeing you there.